Making the fudge at Christmas time was always something my Dad and sister did together. Our family even had a special dish for the fudge. My mom's recipe comes out perfectly every time, and is an easy Christmas candy kids can help make.
- 2 Cups sugar
- ¾ Cups Evaporated Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 10 oz of Hershey®'s Milk Chocolate Bar
- 2 squares (2 oz) Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
- 1 TBS Butter (to butter dish)
- 1 sheet parchment paper cut to 9"x16" (optional; see tips)
- Butter a 9"x9" glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, and salt in a 2 quart sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the Hershey's chocolate bar and Baker's chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the fudge in the buttered dish.
- Cool the fudge in the refrigerator until set. Cut into one inch square servings.